Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

'I believe it’s my weaknesses that make me precious'

Precious TM is the host of the Pundonor Magazine show on NBS TV. She told DENNIS D. MUHUMUZA about her obsession with gossip 

What’s so precious about Precious TM?
I know you’re expecting me to talk about the endless goodness or Godliness about me, but I believe it’s the my weaknesses that make me precious. One gets to discover this when they closely know me because just looking at me shows only the good side.

What’s your fascination with gossip?
The grapevine in which gossip about celebrities in the entertainment industry moves is so interesting; from the house keepers to the top offices in the country, there are no clear verifications from the media or the personas involved. However, the question in my head is always, is it true or false? The need to know the truth gives me an adrenaline rush.

 When were you happiest?
Getting a dream job, but recently, there is this four-year-old girl who tends to follow me from the stage on my way home saying Pundonor Magazine all the way. It not only makes me happy, but the memory of it makes me proud each time.

 What was your most embarrassing moment?
One time I was called by some top executives in town to cover a corporate event for my show, but when I got there with my crew, we were bounced and it looked like we were gate-crashing. Imagine the look on my ever smiling face!

Which living person do you most admire and why?
Definitely my parents, because most of my admirable traits came from my upbringing.

What is your most unappealing habit?
I am impatient about almost everything.

What is your favourite scent?
The scent that follows a hot steamy cup of coffee really works for me.

What is the worst thing anyone’s said to you?
On one of those reality shows, Eve Mbabazi, you know her right? (I nod.) She loudly said the F-word to me and referred to our Ugandan beauty contestants as bitches.

When did you last cry and why?
I got robbed of my bag and was stuck somewhere with no money and no mobile phone. I wept.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Being a professional media practitioner; the fact that I’m safe to know that even if I wasn’t on television, I would still be in the media, probably writing, using the power of my voice for radio, advertising, production or public relations.

What song at your funeral?
Don Moen’s music would be okay.

--Sunday Monitor, August 29, 2010