Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 16, 2010

‘I’m very impatient with mediocrity, cowardice, stupidity and hypocrisy’

Julius Mutabazi is the out-going chairperson of West Ankole Diocesan Youth Council, an evangelist and an aspiring MP for Bushenyi Municipality. He told DENNIS D. MUHUMUZA what has kept him going

When were you happiest?
When I was admitted to Makerere University to do a Law degree course last year. It has always been my dream to be a lawyer. Some people could not understand my decision to pursue another Bachelors Degree when I’ve one already.

A preacher and now a politician; can these mix?
Absolutely! We need people with a deep sense of godliness, integrity, patriotism, and humanity in the political arena.

What is your greatest fear?
Failure and mediocrity. I also fear that unspeakable degeneration and its ambassadors might completely annihilate the soul of this beautiful country and sink it into a bottomless dark pit.

What is your most treasured possession?
My relationship with God, my smile, my uniqueness and my library.

Who or what is the greatest love of your life?
God; I also love me, people, books, music and my bed. Books and my bed have been there for me through thick and thin.

What is the greatest misconception people have about you?
Just because I wear a smile always, people think I’m an “easy” person and try to ride my back. But I can really be tough. You can’t easily blackmail or manipulate me. I’m very impatient with mediocrity, cowardice, stupidity and hypocrisy.

Which living person do you most admire and why?
The Archbishop of the Church of Uganda, Henry Luke Orombi. He is an icon of passion for evangelism and has selflessly invested himself in proclamation of the Gospel. I also admire Mugisha Muntu. He is an epitome of gentleness, patriotism and humility in politics. Both men have great hearts for young people.

Which living person do you most despise and why?
I don’t despise people. There is so much good in and about people we define as bad and evil. I only despise the evil they do.

What song would you like played at your funeral?
A hymn - My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less. 

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Being able to “keep on keeping on” and not succumbing to despair when life was pretty tough and perilous. I have also tried to stay true to myself. You know life can be really hard.

--Sunday Monitor, August 15, 2010